project 2012 pan!
So I’ve been interested in makeup (seriously) since June/July 2009 when I graduated from high school. I started discovering YouTube and the beauty community. After all of those videos, I started collecting makeup. First it was drugstore makeup because I thought stuff from Sephora and MAC was just too expensive. Then I started branching out to the more expensive stuff when I realized all I had to do was save my money and invest. Then I started refusing to buy animal tested stuff (minus a few things… a very few… I slip up sometimes) which meant having to invest because I’m just not interested in a lot of cruelty free drugstore items.
I’m not a makeup artist. As much as I would love it to be, makeup is not my job. I’m using it on myself. I’ve gotten quite a bit of makeup. Whether it be with my own money, for my birthday and Christmas, from gift cards, swapping, etc. It’s not as huge as the collections of popular YouTube people, but it’s more than enough for me. It’s a lot of my money spent.
So I’ve decided to go on a Project (2012) Pan. This is better known as a Project 10 Pan. A Project 10 Pan is this: a person must choose 10 (well, they can choose whatever number, really, but 10 is the most popular number) items and use those until they hit pan/use up the product before they can buy more makeup. See, I don’t fucking agree with that, hahahaha. I like variety. I cannot use the same eyeshadow and lipstick for days and days. It’s just not happening. This does not mean I’m going to use 2012 products because I don’t own that many products, haha. But it is the year 2012 and I am using this project now, so that is why I made this title.
My Project is going to be very “unique”. I am going to try to use my products. I am going on a “low buy”. Of course, I will be repurchasing things like mascara, concealer, etc. stuff that I do use everyday. I will be “shopping my stash” every time I use makeup (outside of tutorials) to use different things. But I think I will allow myself to buy one thing a month, or every two months as a treat if I’m good. If I get a gift card, fuck, I’ll use it. It’s not my money, ha! When it’s my birthday (July), I’ll treat myself a little more. But overall, once a month or every two months. If I slip up, I’ll let you know. It may happen. We make mistakes. But since a Facebook friend of mine is sending me her “old” makeup collection, I don’t think I’ll need to be buying “unneccesary” products very much.
When I hit pan on a product, I will be updating my list and stating that I hit pan. When I finish a product, I will update my list and state that I finished it.
SO HERE WE GO!
- The Body Shop Brazil Nut Moisture Mask - FINISHED! 2012.01.01
- Some Treseme conditioner - FINISHED!
- göt2b smooth operator lustre lotion - FINISHED!
- Bath and Body Works Brownie Mix PocketBac - FINISHED! 2012.01.02
- Bath and Body Works Into The Wild Triple Moisture Body Cream - FINISHED! 2012.01.05
- Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion Deluxe Sample - FINISHED! 2012.01.06
- Nivea Creme (small 99c Made In Mexico tin) - PAN! 2012.01.11
- Bath and Body Works Forever Sunshine Mini Body Lotion - FINISHED! 2012.01.13
- Philosophy 3-in-1 Vanilla Birthday Cake - FINISHED!
- Bath and Body Works Apple Citrus Blossom Body Scrub - FINISHED!
- Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint PocketBac - FINISHED! 2012.01.18
- Bath and Body Works Creamy Pumpin PocketBac x2 - FINISHED! 2012.02.06
- Nivea Creme (small 99c Made In Mexico tin) - FINISHED! 2012.02.06
- theBalm TimeBalm Peppermint Hydrating Face Gel - FINISHED! 2012.02.06
- Bath and Body Works Charmed Life Triple Moisture Body Cream - FINISHED! 2012.02.12
- Bath and Body Works Winter Candy Apple PocketBac - FINISHED!
- Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena Foaming Soap - FINISHED!
- Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara- Dried Up|Got Disgusting! 2012.01.05
- Palladio Rice Powder - Translucent - FINISHED! 2012.01.27
- Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion - FINISHED! (well, it broke) 2012.02.01
- Too Faced Heaven eyeshadow - PAN! 2012.02.03
- Carmex Vanilla Lip Balm - FINISHED! 2012.02.12
- Kat Von D Saint [sample] - FINISHED! 2012.01.24
- D&G Light Blue [sample] - FINISHED! 2012.01.27
- Jennifer Aniston [sample] - FINISHED! 2012.02.08